Monday, July 7, 2014

What's In A Name?

Welcome! I wanted to start a blog to share my passion about transforming media centers into the hub of learning in a school!  While there are many wonderful library blogs out there, I am hoping to add another prospective and more ideas to our network.  I chose the name "PageTurner" for two reasons.  First, because I love to read, and feel it is imperative to instill this love of reading in our students to make them want to turn the pages on lots of books!  Second, as we live in a digital age where information is transferring at a lightening pace, it is important that we continue to turn the page on our media centers...rethink the space and the teaching that is going on there to match our students learning.  It is my hope that this will be a place for conversation, and that those that visit will glean something to help students.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment